When transporting dangerous goods in tanks, on domestic road or rail journeys in the UK, different rules to that of ADR or RID apply, for the marking and placarding of those tanks.

This includes the use of the Emergency Action Code (EAC) as oppose to the ADR/RID Hazard Identification Number (HIN) – as required by CDG 2009  (CDG 2010 in Northern Ireland).

The EAC List has been updated for 2017 and is available to download from the NCEC.

The new list can be used straight away and will become mandatory from 1st July 2017.

Not sure what else has changed in 2017? – Download our comprehensive guide to ADR 2017.

Not sure when or how to use the 2017 EAC for UK domestic tank transport? – check out our online dangerous goods awareness training which includes a full video tutorial that explains everything.

Fancy a chat about anything above? – find us on Twitter, Facebook, call us on: 01724 732138 during office hours, call our 24 hour advice line, or contact us through our website.