The new ADR is applicable from January 2019 and includes a host of important changes, including:
- new UN numbers,
- new entries and revisions to the provisions for Lithium batteries,
- updates to the classification provisions for Ammonium nitrate based fertilisers,
- new sample provisions,
- a new section for temperature controlled transport,
- updated labelling rules,
- new placarding provisions,
- changes to the provisions for environmentally hazardous substances,
- many updates for vehicles, engines and machinery, and,
- changes to exemptions, including the small load threshold of 220.127.116.11.
Our DGSAs have published our own comprehensive analysis and guidance to the changes, a useful accompaniment to your new copy of ADR.